HUDext plugin extends the functionality of visual display elements. It adds the ability to change the values of properties displayed in the elements, or to bind the script call to the visual element.
1) To make HUD interactive, you should create a boolean user property “Active” and set a value as true.
2) All the interactive manipulations are made with the middle mouse button.
2d slider consists of 2 square elements and it enables 1 driven element to move within the limits of the other background element. The moving is put into effect with the middle mouse button. Driver element position is calculated in persentage and is linked to the vector reference property in the element.
This, in the scene the position of the Null object is bount as a reference property – so I get a feedback on x,y reference axis. This is very convenient for creation visual elements for a rig.
For example, in this way you can create the eyes direction control. Null object position bound to HUDext slider can be used in Relation constraint.
You can make this slider either manually or with the help of the script HUDext_UI. By hand, you will need to create the user property MinX, MaxX, MinY, MaxY in which you should set the limits of possible moving of the slider in absolut units.
As regards the result of the slider work – it is bound to the first vector reference property found in the properties visual element slider list.
For the HUDext slider, double click to set a key a certain moment on the bound vector property.
HUDTextElement has 3 methods of the interactive usage:
- changing double value
- changing boolean value
- run a script
To change value, you should add a property of the other object to the visual element as a reference. In this case the value of the reference property will be reflected in the visual element. You can change it with the middle button of the mouse.
Double click with the middle button of the mouse sets the key for the joining property to the element. For double value, while changing you can use functional keys:
- CTRL reduce scroll step size
- SHIFT increase scroll step size
For script. You should create a user text property in the visual element with the name “ScriptExecute” and with value of the script’s path, which will be executed by clicking with the middle mouse button on the element.
Camera switching. You can add text property with name “Camera” and assign with some camera name value. By clicking on that text hud element, button will try to find a camera with such a name and make it current.
The script is very convenient for the creating and updating HUDext slider. It works the following way:
- Create 2 visual elements with type of the rect HUD element.
- Lets agree which one is a slider and which one is background. The slider element must be smaller and be inside The element of the background.
- Start the script and fill in the two fields: in the first one – the slider element, in the second one – the background element.
- Press the button “Build/Update”. The script tunes the properties and their values.
- Add some vector reference property to the “slider” element
Important: if you change the size of the window, hud slider will shift. If should be updated: with the help of the script put slider element and background element and press the button “Build/Update”.
HUDext 0.3c – setup_hudext_03c
HUDext_UI script – HUDextUI
Supported MotionBuilder 2013 (64bit) for Windows
– add justification and alignment processing for mouse inside function
– add camera switcher for buttons
– some bug fixes for using several different huds in different cameras
– recompile for MoBu 2014 (64 bits)
21.09.2012 – 2d slider, active property and HUDext_UI.py script
02.09.2012 – first version