This page is in progress.
1) To move window without “dropping” effect you can simply hold CTRL button.
2) The Plot option “constant key reducer” is not working (MoBu 2013), so are the gaps in the curves. This can lead to unpredictable results in third-party engines (for example, UnrealEngine). Use the optional filter – Resample. The key in each frame = confidence!
3) Use the Toes floor collision instead of the Feet floor collision.
4) To eliminate the twitch in the hands and feet you can try to use Pull effector parameter and removal trajectories on the bones of the FK joint on control rig.
5) Do not be afraid to change the hierarchy of the control rig (on the inactive elements).
6) Turn off ViewCube for better performance (if needed)
7) Assemble the window with tabs (.Txt)
8) Recalculate the rotation of the “roll” of bones – Load \ Save animation
9) Panel clip properties is in a separate tab Navigator
10) To save animation in old MoBu 2010 file format – main manu Python Tools -> FBX Export
11) X-Ray doesn’t display – tip from AREA forum (thanks to paula44)
I have this problem too, when I have two MoBu scenes opened. After I close both of them and reopen one it works perfect.
12) By default in blendshapes computation of normals are switched off. You can turn it on manually in .Application.txt config file with parameters ShapeBlendNormals and ShapeComputeNormals.
13) In chainIK constraint there is a very useful checkbox for updating chain after some chain elements transformation have been updated. By using that flag we can make a softIK, for example.
14) Don’t leave MoBu as focused and open window. It behaves not like Maya, 3dsMax, etc. MoBu is always drawing in cycle.
15) MoBu doesnt work with scene more than 2 GB. So be careful when saving your “big” scene with embeded content.
17) Do you know that if you draw 3d curve on a surface, points of that curve will be attached to that surface. This doesn’t work for deformable surfaces.
18) In schematic view, focus on object operation (maya key shortcut ‘f’) will better work if objects were arranged (Arrange All operation in right mouse button context menu)
19) Tip from my Car RIG – After recording a simulation better to set Quaternion Rotation flag on collision wheels geometry to prevent too much noise after plotting